Via our live virtual classroom, we will offer 11 of our most popular pre- and post-conference courses. In this setting, you will connect real time with your instructor and other learners using your computer with camera, audio and internet access. These courses are a great way to enhance your professional development while earning CEUs. If you were already registered for one or more courses, ASSP will contact you to update your registration. Pre-registration and an additional fee are required for pre- and post-conference courses. All course start times are listed in CT (Central Time).
||Start Time (CT)
||Live Virtual Classroom: Internal OHSMS Auditing Using ISO 45001
821 | Live Virtual Classroom: Internal OHSMS Auditing Using ISO 45001
Examine ISO 45001-2018 from an auditor's perspective. Review components of an effective internal audit program and discuss steps to plan for and complete internal occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) audits. Learn how to document nonconformance findings, understand how to assess adequacy and effectiveness of corrective actions, and learn how to evaluate the adequacy, suitability and effectiveness of the internal audit program. Through these exercises and learning, develop a solid understanding of audit programs and processes and know how to complete an OHSMS audit. Your registration includes a copy of ISO 45001-2018.
- Use tools to develop an OHSMS internal auditing program
- Plan and complete internal OHSMS audits
- Assess and improve your organization’s OHSMS based on ISO 45001
Kenneth Clayman, SMS, Senior Lead Technical Specialist, Booz Allen Hamilton
2 Days/1.4 CEUs
||Live Virtual Classroom: Influential Leadership Skills
822 | Live Virtual Classroom: Influential Leadership Skills
Safety has evolved from a function that provides only technical expertise to one that provides leadership at all levels of an organization. Contemporary safety professionals must influence executive management through effective guidance and direction. Whether you are an executive-level experienced safety professional or an up-and-coming safety professional, you will learn the principles of leadership, strategic thinking and planning; discuss techniques for influencing executive, middle and line management; review expected ethical behavior; and understand how to select the best management model to improve your organization’s safety performance.
- Lead organizational safety by applying the principles of leadership, participating in strategic thinking and planning, and determining the occupational safety and health (OSH) model that would most benefit your organization
- Exhibit the unique traits of successful leaders to inspire and influence workers to improve safety performance
- Strengthen the connection to your executive, middle and line leaders
- Introduce new concepts in OSH management and leadership to your organization
Joel N. Tietjens, CSP, CSHM, FASSP, President, T-Jens & T-Jens, Inc.
2 Days/1.4 CEUs