The ASSP Professional Development Conference & Exposition will feature more than 600 exhibitors demonstrating the latest cutting-edge products and innovations in occupational safety and health. With so many opportunities to speak with businesses and learn about their products, here are some tips to make the most out of your experience.
- Plan ahead. It’s important to identify which companies you would like to speak with and the types of products you are interested in learning about. Luckily, there are tools to help you plan your expo experience.
The exhibitor list lets you search exhibitors by company, product, country or keyword to easily identify the exhibits that would be of greatest interest to you. This list also provides information such as a company’s website, products and services.
Going a step further, the virtual expo hall offers an interactive map of exhibitors, where they will be located and an overview of what they have to offer.
- Attend flash sessions. In addition to showcasing the latest products and innovations in occupational safety and health, the expo also offers learning opportunities through flash sessions. Set up around the exposition hall, these 15-minute sessions convey important information about a variety of OSH topics.
- Try out products and view demonstrations. The expo provides the opportunity not only to look at the latest in OSH technology, but also to see how it works. Many exhibitors offer interactive demonstrations to give attendees insights into best practices and how to use products properly.
From trying on PPE to viewing technological innovations in action, there is no shortage of opportunities to see first-hand how the products on display at the expo can help your business. In fact, 82 percent of previous attendees identified new companies to do business with because they attended the expo.
- Network. Beyond the many other networking opportunities available, the expo is a terrific chance to meet fellow attendees and exhibitors. During expo exclusive time, many attendees will be in the exposition hall, providing you a great opportunity to make connections and share ideas and best practices with fellow safety professionals.
- Visit the ASSP Lounge. The lounge provides a terrific opportunity to engage with fellow safety professionals as well as ASSP staff. You can view a microlearning course, join ASSP leaders for a fireside chat, learn about the conference app, attend a flash session and much more!